· Argentina and Poland have met once before at the World Cup. In 2011, Poland proved too strong for Argentina (3-1).
· Argentina have lost their last 23 encounters with Poland in major competitions, including matches at the Olympic Games and World Championship.
· The last Argentinean victory between these in a major competition came in 2002 when they defeated Poland twice in a World League weekend, both in straight sets.
· Argentina are on their longest winning streak in the competition after recording their fourth victory in a row against Venezuela on Wednesday (3-2).
· Argentina have never won the first three matches of a World Cup campaign.
· They have won at least two sets in each of their last five matches in the competition.
· Argentina are hoping to improve their World Cup record against European sides, having won three of the previous 14. Poland
· Poland beat Russia 3-1 on Wednesday, recording back-to-back victories after winning their opener against Tunisia on Tuesday.
· Poland can win the first three matches of a World Cup campaign for the third time after 1977 and 2011.
· With their win against Russia, Poland have won exactly 100 sets in the competition, the eighth team to reach this figure.
· World champions Poland have won at least two sets in each of their last 14 World Cup matches, since a 3-0 defeat against Brazil in 1981.