· These two sides will meet for the first time at the World Cup.
· Venezuela and Australia have both finished eighth in their only other World Cup; Venezuela in 2003 and Australia in 2007.
· Australia claimed a hard-fought 3-2 win against Venezuela at the 2014 world championship, the only occasion these teams met in a major competition.
· Prior to the 2015 World Cup Venezuela have won and lost their last two matches against sides from the Asian confederation, both against Kazakhstan in the 2015 World League.
· Australia recorded their third straight set victory in the competition by beating Tunisia 3-0 on Tuesday.
· They can win four World Cup matches this campaign, a feat they achieved in their previous participation in 2007.
· Australia can win three successive World Cup matches for the first time ever.
· Australia have won 10 competitive matches in 2015, one more than in 2014.
· The last time they won more matches in a year was 2007 - 13 wins, including four at the World Cup.
· Australia's record in Tokyo at the World Cup: three wins and two defeats.
· On Tuesday, Venezuela won their first set in five World Cup matches after losing 3-1 against Egypt.
· Emerson Rodriguez scored 17 points against Egypt on Tuesday, most of all players of both sides. He scored 14 spikes from 26 attempts.
· Venezuela hope to claim their second win at this year's World Cup. They won four matches at their previous campaign in 2003.
· Venezuela won at most one match at each of their previous six major world tournaments: World League 2015, World Championship 2014 and 2010, World League 2009, Olympic Games 2008 and World League 2008.