· This will be the first World Cup encounter between Australia and Poland.
· Last year, Poland beat Australia in straight sets in the first round of the 2014 World Championship.
· The Polish team recorded four wins over Australia in their first meetings at a major tournament - the 1999 World League intercontinental round.
· Australia won in their only other meeting. They beat Poland 3-1 at the 2012 London Olympic Games.Australia
· Australia have lost their last two matches in straight sets. At the 2007 World Cup they last suffered three consecutive straight-set defeats.
· Australia have won eight competitive matches in 2015 and they need one more to equal their nine wins in 2014.
· The last time they won more matches in a year was 2007 - 13 wins, including four at the World Cup.
· Nehemiah Mote scored spikes (3), blocks (3) and a serve against Argentina.Poland
· Poland are still unbeaten at the 2015 World Cup. Only United States are also unbeaten.
· Poland have won their last seven World Cup matches, which is already a team record.
· They have lost the first set in four of their seven matches this World Cup.
· The last time Poland won their first eight matches in a major tournament was at the 2009 European Championship, when they won all eight matches en route to the gold medal.