· Egypt won their only previous meeting with Australia at the World Cup, a 3-1 win in 2007.
· Australia won the only other encounter with Egypt in a major competition, a 3-0 victory at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
· Australia have won three of their last five meetings with African teams at major tournaments, including a 3-0 win against Cameroon at the 2014 world championships.Australia
· Australia hope to claim their first win at the 2015 World Cup after three defeats.
· They have won seven competitive matches in 2015 and they need two more to equal their nine wins from 2014.
· Australia scored 13 points from blocks in their 3-1 defeat against Japan, almost twice as many as they had in their first two matches combined (7).
· Thomas Edgar has been their top scoring player in all three matches this World Cup.Egypt
· Egypt have lost their last 11 World Cup macthes
· They can win at least one set in five World Cup matches in a row for the first time.
· Ahmed Abdelhay has been leading the scoring for Egypt in all three matches, sharing the top scoring honours against Italy (3-1 defeat) with Badawy Mohamed Moneim.