· The only previous encounter between these teams at the World Cup came almost 38 years ago. In 1977, Poland proved too strong for the Canadians in straight sets.
· After their sole World Cup meeting, Poland and Canada did not meet until the 21st century. Poland won all three meetings at the world championships (2002, 2006, 2010) and their four intercontinental round match-ups of the 2012 World League.Canada
· Canada won their last match in five sets against Australia. Canada have played nine five setters in the World Cup, winning eight, including the last four.
· Canada have won 88.89% of their five set matches. Only France and Hungary have a higher percentage (100%) but both played just a single five setter.
· Canada have not won in straight sets in their last seven matches. Their only longer streak came in their first 13 World Cup matches.Poland
· Poland are one of two teams (with United States) who won all their matches in this World Cup so far.
· Poland can equal their team record set in 1977 by winning the first six matches at a single World Cup.
· Another win would see Poland equal their team record of winning six consecutive matches in the World Cup. They already did that twice (1965, 1977).