· Canada have won all three World Cup matches against Tunisia in straight sets, in 1995, 1999 and 2003.
· Tunisia claimed a 3-2 win in their first encounter with Canada in a major competition, the 1974 world championship.
· The Africans suffered a 3-2 defeat in their last match against Canada at the 2006 world championship. Canada prevailed 15-13 in the final set in that match.
· Canada have won successive World Cup matches in straight sets for the first time ever.
· They can record three wins in a row for the first time since 2003.
· Canada have now won five successive World Cup matches in Tokyo, since losing 3-2 against Japan on 18 November 2003.
· They have won 12 of their last 16 matches in the Japanese capital.
· Tunisia are the only team left without a win at the 2015 World Cup.
· Tunisia have won five competitive matches in 2015. They last won more matches in 2003: six.
· Tunisia have lost 68 World Cup matches, which ties Japan for most in the competition. Tunisia have played 75 matches, Japan 115.