· Canada and Australia will face each other for the first time at the World Cup.
· Australia won three of the four encounters with Canada in last year's World League, with two of these wins decided in five sets, with the first meeting after trailing by 2-0 (20 June 2014 in Edmonton).
· Canada won their first ever clash with Australia 3-0 at the 1982 world championship.
· They can lose three World Cup matches in a row in straight sets for the first time since 2003. They also lost three in a row without winning a set in 1995.
· That streak in 2003 was also the last time they lost three in a row.
· Canada have lost six of their last seven competitive matches in 2015, having finished this year's World League with three defeats.
· Australia can win in back-to-back World Cup matches for the second time as they defeated Japan and Tunisia back-to-back in 2007.
· They have won eight competitive matches in 2015 and they need one more to equal their nine wins from 2014.
· Thomas Edgar has been their top scoring player in all four matches this World Cup.
· He scored 50 points against Egypt, including 47 spikes from 74 attempts.