· This is the first match between Canada and Iran in a major competition.
· The Canadians have won six of their last seven World Cup encounters with Asian teams prior to the 2015 World Cup.
· Iran have not won any of their four matches against NORCECA sides at previous World Cups.
· Canada beat Venezuela 3-0 to record their third win at this World Cup and their first in straight sets on Monday.
· They can record back-to-back World Cup victories for the first time since 2003. Canada have never won successive World Cup matches in straight sets.
· Canada have won five of their last six World cup matches in Tokyo, including their last four.
· Iran have equalled their number of defeats of 2011 (6). Only in their first participation, in 1991, Iran recorded more defeats (7).
· Iran have won one of their seven World Cup matches in Tokyo, a 3-2 win over Chile in 1991.
· Shahram Mahmoudi scored 21 points against Australia on Monday, scoring the only point from blocks for his team.