· Argentina won both previous meetings with Canada in the competition - 3-0 in 1995 and 3-1 in 1999.
· At this year's World League, both teams met four times. Canada won the first match in Halifax in straight sets. Argentina won the following three - one in Halifax (3-2) and two on home soil in Buenos Aires (3-1 and 3-2).
· Five of the last nine international encounters between these nations went to five sets, with Canada leading Argentina three to two wins.Canada
· Canada lost in straight sets against Russia and can suffer three consecutive defeats for the first time since 2003.
· Daniel Cornelius Jansen Vandoorn is Canada's best blocker with 12 successful blocks. Coming into the tournament he was the least experienced player of the team (0 caps).
· Canada's two wins at this World Cup came in five sets. They had lost all five previous five-set matches in competitive matches this year.Argentina
· Argentina can win six matches at a World Cup for the first time. Their previous best World Cups were 1995, 2007 and 2011 with five wins each.
· They can win three successive World Cup matches in straight sets for the first time.
· Argentina now have a W13-L8 record in competitive matches in 2015, the same as they recorded in 2014.
· Facundo Conte has scored almost twice as many points (131) as Argentina'snext top scorer (66).