· Russia beat Canada in straight sets in their only previous meeting at the World Cup in 1999.
· Their last international meeting came last year at the world championship. Russia won in straight sets.
· Canada's last and sole victory over Russia came in their penultimate encounter. In 2013, the Canadians beat Russia in five sets in the World League final round.Canada
· The last time Canada followed up on a 3-2 win with a 3-1 defeat at the World Cup, they won their next match 3-2. They did this against Korea (2003), Italy and Egypt (both 2015).
· Canada can claim their third win at the 2015 World Cup.
· Canada's two wins at this World Cup came in five sets. They had lost all five previous five-set matches in competitive matches this year.Russia
· Russia are one win short of becoming the first team to win 75 matches at the World Cup (includes URS). This will be their 90th World Cup match.
· They have won 12 of their last 13 World Cup matches (lost to Poland this year).
· Four of their five wins in this year's World Cup have been straight-set victories.
· Russia have won six of their last seven competitive matches after having lost the first 11 this year.