· At the 2003 World Cup, Venezuela defeated Egypt 3-1.
· This was Venezuela's third and last win against Egypt in major international tournaments.
· Egypt won the following two encounters, both in the 2015 World League and both in straight sets.
· Egypt have lost all 10 matches against South American sides at the World Cup prior to this tournament.
· Venezuela have won both clashes with African teams at the previous World Cups.
· Egypt ended a 16-match losing streak in the competition by beating Tunisia in five sets on Monday.
· Egypt can record back-to-back World Cup victories for the first time since 2007, when they won their last three matches of that campaign.
· Ahmed Abdelhay scored a dashing 38 points against Tunisia and is currently leading the top scorer table.
· Egypt are three sets shy from winning their 50th at the World Cup.
· Venezuela suffered their fourth successive straight set defeat on Monday, when Canada proved too strong.
· Venezuela hope to claim their second win at this year's World Cup. They won four matches at their previous campaign in 2003.
· Kervin Pinerua has scored 100 spikes in the competition so far, one of 10 players to reach this figure so far at the 2015 World Cup.
· Venezuela won at most one match at each of their previous six major world tournaments: World League 2015, World Championship 2014 and 2010, World League 2009, Olympic Games 2008 and World League 2008.