· These teams will meet for the fourth time in the World Cup. In their first meeting, in 1977, Egypt beat the Canadians 3-1. Canada prevailed in the last two encounters - 3-2 in 1995 and 3-0 in 2003.
· Egypt's win over Canada in 1977 marked the first and only victory for the team against a NORCECA side so far in the competition (14 matches total).
· After their last clash at the World Cup in 2003, both teams have met only once in a major international competition. Last year, Canada beat Egypt in straight sets at the world championship.Egypt
· Egypt lost their 2015 World Cup opener against hosts Japan 3-2 (25-19, 23-15, 25-18, 17-25, 15-7) on Tuesday, their 50th defeat ever in the competition.
· Egypt have now lost 11 of their last 12 World Cup matches and are winless in their last nine since a 3-0 victory over China in 2011.
· Egypt can lose (at least) 10 World Cup matches in a row for the fourth time (most recent 2003-2007).
· Ahmed Abdelhay scored a team-high 22 points against Japan, including five aces.Canada
· On Tuesday, Canada began their 2015 World Cup campaign with a 3-1 defeat against Italy (25-19, 25-20, 22-25, 25-13). Only Brazil in 2007, won the World Cup despite losing their opening match.
· Canada can lose their opening two matches for the third time in World Cup history after 1977 and 1995.
· Canada have lost six of their seven World Cup matches played in Hiroshima, only beating China 3-2 in 2003.
· Nicholas Hoag and Gavin Schmitt both scored 15 points against Italy.