· Russia (including its predecessor) beat Egypt in all three previous World Cup meetings - 3-0 in 1985 and 2007 and 3-1 in 2011.
· They most recently met at the 2014 World Championship, when Russia beat Egypt 3-0 in the first round.
· Egypt are yet to win their first match against Russia in all international tournaments. The closest they came to a victory was in their 3-2 defeat at the 2010 World League.Egypt
· Egypt have lost three matches in a row without winning a set.
· They lost four in a row in straight sets at a single World Cup for the last time in 1995.
· Captain Ahmed Abdelhay has scored 149 points already, more than twice as many points as Abd Elhalim Mohamed Abou (65). Russia
· Russia claimed another straight-set victory against Canada and they can win four consecutive straight set matches for the first time since 2007, when they won five in a row.
· They have won 13 of their last 14 World Cup matches (lost to Poland this year).
· Russia have won seven of their eight competitive matches after having lost the first 11 this year.
· Ilyas Kurkaev scored five of Russia's eight block points in the 3-0 win against Canada.