· Italy and Venezuela have met once before in the World Cup. In 2003, Italy secured the victory without dropping a set.
· Venezuela have yet to beat Italy in any major international competition, losing all 10 previous encounters.
· The last time these nations played each other was at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Italy won 3-0 in the group stage.Italy
· Italy can claim their 50th win at the World Cup. Only Brazil (67), USA (64) and Cuba (500 have reached this milestone.
· Italy have won their last three World Cup matches in straight sets. They can win at least four in straight sets for the first time since the 2003 World Cup (5 in a row).
· Italy have won at least one set in 35 of their last 36 matches, only suffering a straight-set defeat against United States on 12 September in this World Cup edition.Venezuela
· Venezuela lost 3-0 against Japan and suffered two straight-set defeats in a row for the first time since they lost their first three matches in the World Cup, against France, Italy and Brazil in 2003.
· Venezuela hope to claim their second win at this year's World Cup. They won four matches at their previous campaign in 2003, including a 3-0 win against Japan.
· Venezuela won at most one match at each of their previous six major world tournaments: World League 2015, World Championship 2014 and 2010, World League 2009, Olympic Games 2008 and World League 2008.