· This will be the fourth match between japan and Canada at the World Cup. Japan won in 1995 and 2003 and Canada claimed a win in 1999.
· Canada have won their last two meetings with Japan at major competitions, two wins in the 2013 World League.
· The two sides are balanced in all their encounters at major tournaments: six wins each.Japan
· Japan have won two matches this tournament and they can win three at a single World Cup for the first time since three in 2007.
· The last time they won two matches in a row at the World Cup was against Egypt and China in 2011.
· They now have won five of their last six competitive matches, at the World Cup and Asian Championship.Canada
· Canada's 3-0 defeat against USA was their first straight-set defeat in a competitive match this year.
· They can lose two World Cup matches in a row in straight sets for the first time since 2003.
· They can concede 100 sets at the World Cup (currently 97).
· Canada have lost five of their last six competitive matches in 2015, having finished this year's World League with three defeats.