· Japan will go head-to-head with Tunisia for the seventh time at the World Cup.
· The first four meetings ended in a win for the Japanese team (1981, 1991, 1995, 1999), while Tunisia proved too strong in the last two (2003, 2007).
· Japan were 2-1 up in their last two World Cup encounters before losing in five sets to the African team.
· The last four meetings between these nations at major tournaments went to five sets with both claiming two wins.Japan
· Japan can win four World Cup matches in a single edition for the first time since 1995.
· Japan lost their last match against Italy and can lose two consecutive matches for the first time in this edition.
· Japan can win their 14th match in 2015 (all major competitions). They are now equal to their tally from 2009. This is their best year since then.
· Japan have finished their 2015 World Cup matches with all possible scores (3-0, 3-1, 3-2, 0-3, 1-3) except for a 3-2 loss.
· Tunisia are still waiting for their first win in the World Cup since they won 3-2 against Japan in their first match of the 2007 World Cup.
· With 15 losses in a row since then, they are suffering their second-longest losing streak in the competition, after a 29 match losing streak between 1991-2003.
· Their last match was a straight set defeat against Argentina. They can lose back-to-back matches in straight sets for the first time since 2003.