· Iran and Venezuela have never met before at the World Cup.
· Their last meeting at a major competition was at the 2006 World Championship. Iran claimed only the second set in a 3-1 defeat.
· They met at the World Championship once more. In 1970, Iran won in straight sets.Iran
· Iran booked their first World Cup win this year with a 3-1 win against Tunisia on Wednesday.
· They can win back-to-back matches in the competition for the second time after three in a row in 2011.
· In their previous participation, in 2011, they had two wins after three matches.
· Amir Ghafour scored a match-high of 24 points on Wednesday, at least 13 more than any of his teammates.Venezuela
· Venezuela have lost their two opening matches of this year's World Cup. On Wednesday, they lost 3-2 to Argentina, their first five-setter of the competition.
· In their only previous World Cup campaign, in 2003, Venezuela recorded their first victory of the competition in their fourth match, 3-0 against Tunisia.
· Against Argentina, Kervin Pinerua scored a match-high 22 points, at least 13 more than any of his teammates.