· Tunisia are eyeing their first set win against Italy in the competition. In their previous four meetings, Italy recorded four straight set wins (1981, 1995, 1999, 2003).
· Italy and Tunisia met for the first time at the 1958 European Championship (3-0 Italy win). Tunisia participated in this tournament as there was no African continental competition at the time.
· Tunisia also failed to win a set against Italy in their world championship (1982) and Olympic Games meetings (1988, 1996).Italy
· Italy have won seven of their last eight World Cup matches. They lost to USA at this year's edition.
· They had finished the 2015 World League before this year's World Cup with only two wins in their last seven matches.
· Italy can win three matches in a row in straight sets for the first time since five matches in 2003.
· Against Iran, Italy scored 53 points from spikes and only three from blocks.
· Ivan Zaytsev scored 27 points against Iran (3-0 win), including 25 points from 37 spikes.Tunisia
· Tunisia are on a 16-match losing streak at the World Cup.
· They can suffer three consecutive straight-set defeats for the first time since 2003.
· Tunisia had won four of their last five matches before the 2015 World Cup, losing the final of the African Championship.
· Tunisia have won five competitive matches in 2015. They last won more matches in 2003: six.