· Italy have won all three matches against Argentina at the World Cup, in 1995, 1999 and 2011
· In two of these three editions Italy qualified for the Olympic Games via the World Cup, in 1995 and 1999.
· Argentina won the most recent encounter in all major competitions, a 3-1 win at the 2014 world championship.
· Argentina have won seven of the 27 matches against Italy at major tournaments.
· Italy have won their last five World Cup matches in straight sets. They can win at least six in straight sets for the first time since 1989 - 1995.
· Italy have won at least one set in 37 of their last 38 World Cup matches, only suffering a straight set defeat against United States on 12 September in this World Cup edition.
· Italy have won 15 of their last 18 World Cup matches in Tokyo.
· Italy are currently in third place behind United States. The last time they finished on the podium of a World Cup was in 2003 with a second place behind Brazil.
· Italy have not finished a World Cup campaign with only one defeat since their unbeaten campaign of 1995.
· Argentina are enjoying their longest winning streak in the World Cup by grabbing a fifth consecutive win against Japan on Monday.
· They have won seven of their nine matches so far at the 2015 World Cup, two more than their previous best of five at the 1995, 2007 and 2011 World Cup.
· Argentina have won 15 competitive matches this year. The last time they won more was in 2011 with 21 victories.