· These teams will go head-to-head for the second time in the competition. In 2011, United States beat Iran in straight sets.
· United States and Iran met at this year's World League. The Americans won both meetings in San Diego, California by 3-1 while Iran recorded two straight set wins in Tehran.
· In United States' winning World League campaign of 2014, they beat Iran in the semi-final (3-0). The Iranian team bounced back with a 3-2 victory at the 2014 World Championship.United States
· USA can win five World Cup matches in a row in straight sets for the first time since six in 1995.
· United States have now won six of their last seven competitive matches in 2015 by a 3-0 score (5 World Cup, 1 World League). They had only recorded one straight-sets win in the 11 matches before this run, all in the World League.
· They can win seven consecutive World Cup matches for the first time since 2007.
· USA can win their first seven World Cup matches for the third time after 1985 and 1991. They won the tournament in 1985 and finished third in 1991.Iran
· Iran can lose four World Cup matches in a row after having won the previous two.
· Iran have now won 14 of their competitive matches in 2015 and lost 12. Last year they had a W14-L14 record.
· Iran lost 3-0 to Italy on 16 September despite 12 successful blocks.