· Russia (including Soviet Union) have won every encounter with Tunisia in any major competition (12 encounters). Four of these meetings came at the World Cup.
· Their last meeting was at the Olympic Games in London in 2012 when Russia won in straight sets.
· In their World Cup encounter in 2007, Tunisia won the first set. This is still the only set Tunisia have ever won against Russia (or Soviet Union). Russia
· Russia ended an eight-match winning streak in the competition after a 3-1 defeat to world champions Poland on Wednesday.
· They can record back-to-back World Cup defeats for the first time since December 2007, losing 3-2 to Bulgaria and 3-0 to Brazil.
· Russia have failed to win a single set in only two of their last 48 World Cup matches, both against Brazil.
· Russia have never lost two of their first three matches of a World Cup campaign.Tunisia
· Tunisia recorded a second defeat this campaign after a 3-1 loss against Iran on Wednesday.
· They have lost 44 of their last 47 World Cup matches and are winless in their last 12 since a five-set victory over Japan in their 2007 World Cup opening match.
· Tunisia have won a set in 14 of their last 17 World Cup matches.
· Marouen Garci scored 21 points against Iran. Tunisia's next best scorer was Elyes Karamosli with eight.