· Tunisia and Iran will meet for the second time in the World Cup after Tunisia's 3-1 victory in 1991.
· Their only other encounter in a major international tournament came at the 1970 World Championship with Iran recording a straight sets victory over Tunisia.Tunisia
· On Tuesday, Tunisia lost their opener 3-0 against world champions Poland (25-17, 25-15, 25-20). Only Brazil in 2007 won the World Cup after losing their opening match.
· Tunisia have lost 43 of their last 46 World Cup matches and are winless in their last 11 since a five-set victory over Japan in their 2007 World Cup opening match.
· Tunisia have lost all their three World Cup matches played in Hamamatsu, all in straight sets.
· No nation has lost more World Cup matches in straight sets than Tunisia (41). Egypt are next with 35.Iran
· Iran began their 2015 World Cup campaign with a 3-1 defeat against Argentina (25-27, 25-22, 25-22, 26-24). Only Brazil in 2007, won the World Cup despite losing their opening match.
· Iran have now lost their last five matches in the competition (incl. their last four fixtures in 2011) and can lose six in a row for the second time after a six-match losing streak in 1991.
· Seyed Mohammad Mousavi Eraghi scored a team-high 13 points for Iran against Argentina, including 12 spikes from 15 attempts.