· USA have won all six ties with Egypt at the World Cup, conceding only one set. The last encounter was in 2011, when USA won 3-0.
· Egypt claimed that set in a 3-1 loss in 2003.
· USA are unbeaten against Egypt in all 14 matches in all major tournaments combined.
· Egypt were close to celebrating a first win against USA in the 2010 World League when they lost 3-2 twice, including with a 18-16 score in the final set on 3 July 2010.
· Egypt have lost their last 12 World Cup matches.
· They can win at least one set in six World Cup matches in a row, extending their record streak.
· Ahmed Abdelhay has been leading the scoring for Egypt in all four matches, including scoring 30 points against Australia on Saturday.
· USA can win their first five matches of a World Cup campaign for the first time since 1991.
· They can win three consecutive matches in straight sets for the first time since 2007 (four in a row).
· Including the third/fourth place match at the 2015 World League, USA have conceded only one set in their last five competitive matches this year, in the 3-1 World Cup win against Japan.
· They are three sets shy of recording their 200th in the World Cup, becoming the third nation to reach this total after Brazil and Russia (including Soviet Union).