· USA are unbeaten in their five World Cup matches against Argentina, claiming three wins by a 3-0 score and twice winning in five sets.
· They last met at the World Cup in 2011, when USA won 3-2 (15-12 final set).
· Argentina have won two of the last three encounters in all competitions, including a win in their last match at the 2014 world championship, when USA's 35 errors helped Argentina to a 3-2 victory.
· Facundo Conte (ARG) scored 21 points in that world championship match. Matthew Anderson (USA) had 18 and Holt Maxwell (USA) had 16 points for USA.
· United States win the World Cup with a) a victory by 3-0 or 3-1 AND Poland lose against Italy, b) a win by 3-2 AND Italy beat Poland by 3-0 or 3-1.
· United States qualify for the Olympic Games with a) a victory, b) a defeat AND Italy do not beat Poland.
· United States can win the World Cup for the second time and for the first time since 1985. They can become the third country to win the competition at least twice following Russia (6 times, including Soviet Union) and Brazil (2).
· United States have won seven matches in straight sets this World Cup campaign. Their record of most 3-0 victories in one World Cup campaign is eight set in 1995.
· Argentina will finish in the top-5 for the first time since 1985, when they finished fifth, behind United States (1st), Soviet Union (2nd), Czechoslovakia (3rd) and Brazil (4th).
· Argentina have won at least one set in each of their last 14 World Cup matches, since losing 3-0 against Russia on 28 November 2011.
· They have won seven of their 10 matches so far at the 2015 World Cup, two more than their previous best of five at the 1995, 2007 and 2011 World Cup.