· Italy and Iran will meet for the second time at the World Cup. In 2011, Italy beat Iran 3-1.
· Last year, these teams met six times - five World League meetings, including final for third place, and one world championship meeting.
· At the 2014 World League, both teams won their intercontinental round matches on home soil before Italy beating Iran in straight sets in the bronze medal match.
· Their last international meeting came at the 2014 World Championship, when Iran beat Italy 3-1 in the first round.Italy
· Italy have won four of their five matches in the 2015 World Cup so far. The Azzurri only lost against the still unbeaten United States.
· Italy have won 47 of their 63 World Cup matches (74.60%). Only Russia (including Soviet Union) have a higher win percentage (82.95%).
· Italy can win back-to-back matches in straight sets for the first time since they won five in a row without losing any set in 2003.Iran
· Iran lost their last match in straight sets. They have now lost 11 matches in straight sets in the World Cup. They only won twice without losing a set.
· Iran have lost their last four matches against European opponents, including a match against Italy in 2011. Their last win against a CEV team came back on 24 November 2011, 3-2 against Poland.
· Iran is currently in seventh place. In their previous two appearances they finished 11th (1991) and 9th (2011).