· The only previous encounter between Canada and Venezuela at the World Cup ended in a 3-1 win for Canada in 2003.
· Canada also defeated Venezuela twice at the 1974 world championships.
· Prior to 2015, Canada's other win at the World Cup against a South American team came against Brazil in 1999 (3-2, after trailing 2-0).
· In 2003, Venezuela also lost their other World Cup match against a NORCECA team, 3-0 against United States.
· Canada lost 3-1 against Argentina on Friday and can suffer four consecutive World Cup defeats for the first time since 1995 (5 defeats).
· Daniel Cornelius Jansen Vandoorn added another six blocks and now has 18 in the tournament, which ranks in the top-10 among all players. Coming into the tournament he was the least experienced player of the team (0 caps).
· Canada's two wins at this World Cup came in five sets. They had lost all five previous five-set matches in competitive matches this year.
· Canada have won their last three World Cup matches in Tokyo. In this run was also a 3-1 victory against Venezuela on 29 November 2003.
· Venezuela lost 3-0 against Italy on Friday and suffered three straight set defeats in a row for the first time since they lost their first three matches in the World Cup, against France, Italy and Brazil in 2003.
· They have yet to lose in straight sets in four successive World Cup matches.
· Venezuela hope to claim their second win at this year's World Cup. They won four matches at their previous campaign in 2003, including a 3-0 win against Japan.
· Venezuela won at most one match at each of their previous six major world tournaments: World League 2015, World Championship 2014 and 2010, World League 2009, Olympic Games 2008 and World League 2008.